Thursday, July 26, 2018

Continuing on with Konmari and Paleo

Seven trash bags of clothing donated to our favorite thrift store. Ended with one bag of socks which are folded and put away. Amazing how much I don't miss the clothes that are gone except for one dress. I should have kept it (although I don't like it) because I had to go to a funeral. Instead I wore the one pair of dress pants I kept and a nice top. Still, the pants are too big (Paleo, 40 pounds down) so I may throw them away and go get something to fit.

We will be making a trip to Texas in a week or so to decide where we want to live. This is going to be fun and we are looking forward to this new adventure. I look at my closet and my dresser and realize I don't have that many clothes to pack. I have one empty drawer. I use a quarter of what I had in the closet. I don't have to search for anything because it is all in its own place. Feels good!

When we get back, I will start on the books. We are a book family. My mother was a librarian and I have all the books she had plus my own. Some of them are very old and first additions or signed, so I am going to see if they can be sold. Some have no value at all and some are important to me. I almost think that sorting pictures will be easier than books. Again, my mother did the genealogy so I have tons of old family pictures. When I can pull up pictures of my great grandmother, you know how many pictures I have. The old photos will not be thrown away. Although they are scanned, I worry about losing the photos on my computer. I also have them backed up but that doesn't stop the worry. Older photos that are scanned do not pixel out so they are clearer than the digital photos of today.

My great grandmother, Martha Jane McColloam. Photo taken in 1918 in Tennessee. Very clean and clear picture. I guess each of us has something that is important to us. I'm quite sure that my photo collection will not be important to anyone else so they can throw them away when I'm gone. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment