Wednesday, September 19, 2018

New obsession in the midst of tidying and moving

Hand lettering, who knew?

Sometimes you find something that reaches out and grabs your heart. I found wooden plaques with a song from a hymnal glued to it and then a phrase from the hymn written across it. Simply beautiful! However, they are not in my budget.

Although we are still in the tidying, packing stage, I know in the new house I want these above the piano. I have wood and I have several hymnals but couldn't quite figure out how to write on the song's page. I tried using Word and Corel but they were unsatisfactory. Certainly not the look I wanted. Then I found hand lettering.

I will be the first to admit that this is only my 2nd day of playing with this. However, instead of trying to find a font to copy, I think my handwriting is good enough to use. I actually like the look even if it's a little rough. By the time we get moved and I can actually make these for myself, I should be a whole lot better. Still, I am happy to have found this technique. Plug here for Pinterest, what would I do without it? 

1 comment:

  1. ANNE, this is REGINA Yeakley/McWilliams. One of my cousins just found your sweet memory post about Jimmy. My current email is different than the one ere, it is: reginar918@gmail.com. If you get a chance get in touch would love to talk about how cool Jimmy was. :-). Regina

    ReplyDelete