Saturday, December 6, 2014

First post, let's start with a Christmas gift with wooden spools

If you don't live on Pinterest, you should. It is my go-to place for everything I want to make or want to save. I have found the most amazing ideas for gifts and food. I also save all my genealogy information there and tons of other stuff.

I have a thing for wooden spools. I buy them from eBay and then store them until I find ideas for their use. I am a bit stingy and hate to give them away but when I find a gift that I know someone will like, then it's all OK.

I found this idea on Pinterest (surprise). I am scanning thousands of family photos from the 1800's to now, trying to get them all cataloged for posterity. Right now, I am doing the Rhea family. Lots of the photos are going to my cousin so this idea appealed to me.

Some burlap, ribbon, accent flowers, buttons, and string make these wooden spools into photo holders. Just push a paper clip into the hole on top and add pictures. Nothing fancy but a unique way to share photos with my cousin Patty.
My aunt, holding Patty, Sharon in the middle and my dad holding me. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Love the reusing of things in this craft too :)

    ReplyDelete